Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Vietnam


Well, if I thought Bali was chaotic with their motorbikes, I had no clue until I came to Saigon (Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam). There are 4 million motorbikes in the city, the traffic is totally crazy! I went there to attend an event and Jose came from NYC to join me on Friday, so we spent the weekend there and left on Monday. Besides buying Diesel jeans at $12, we also visited a little of city, got massaged by girls who wanted to sell more than massage, had nice food, and took a tour of the Mekong Delta, which was pretty interesting to see how they live there. People are very nice and smiley, always waving “hello” (in English) when they see a foreigner. Also there was this old lady who came to talk to me in almost perfect French, I was impressed. There you could see the old influence of the French in the region.

Bueno si yo había pensado Bali era caótica con sus motos, es porque no había visto Saigon todavía! Hay 4 millones de motocicletas en la ciudad, el transito es una locura! Fui allá para un evento y José de NYC vino a encontrarme el viernes, pasamos el fin de semana allá hasta el lunes. Además de comprar jeans de Diesel por $12, también visitamos un poco de la ciudad, comimos bien, fuimos masajeados por chicas que querían vender mas que masajes, y también tomamos un tour del delta del Río Mekong, que estuvo súper interesante para ver como la gente de ahí vive. Son muy simpáticos, siempre sonriendo y diciendo “hello” cuando ven extranjeros. También una vieja me vino a hablar en perfecto francés, me impresiono, ahí se ve la influencia que los franceses ya tuvieron en esta región.

1 comment:

coridefe said...

emerson.... Keep them coming... is great! The pics are nice and more importantly to read about your new discoveries in that part of the world. I hope to be in your list of visitors next year!
lol
federico

PD. Link my blog to yours. I have yo in mine