Sunday, October 21, 2007

Lionel Visit


Up to a few weeks ago I had not seen any familiar face in Singapore, I mean, I had met a lot of new people, including friends that were presented to me through other friends, but I had not met people I knew from the past. So finally I got my first visitor: Lionel. Also before Lionel arrived I met Ze Antonio, an old friend from Rio, who was in town for a summit, and even if we could not see much of each other, it was great to have lunch with him and see someone I knew from before arriving in Singapore. Then Lionel, who is a very good French friend, came to spend a few days with me. It was really great and fun to have Lionel around. He’s been working in Bangladesh for a project, so it was also fun going to the beach with him in Singapore and meeting all these guys from Bangladesh he would make friends with (I’d never know they were Bangladeshis, I’d think they were all Indians!). Also we went out to a lot of nice restaurants and bars and clubs, which was pretty cool and then Singapore keeps surprising me, it is not that boring as people would think. Now I am in Vietnam with Jose, who is one of my best friends and came from NYC to see me (I’ll post in another window the trip to Vietnam).

Pics:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gibin/sets/72157602584590947/


Hasta pocas semanas atrás yo había conocido mucha gente en Singapur pero no había visto a nadie que yo conociera de antes. Entonces estuvo súper que recibí mi primera visita: Lionel. Antes de ver a Lionel también almorcé un día con Ze Antonio, que es un amigo de Rio que conozco hace muchísimo tiempo y estaba en la ciudad para un congreso. Luego con Lionel, además de que me dio mucho gusto verlo, también nos divertimos un montón, descubriendo nuevos clubs, bares y restaurantes, y también fuimos a la playa y conocimos a muchos chicos de Bangladesh (Lionel esta trabajando en Bangladesh hace 9 meses por trabajo y el reconoció que los chicos en la playa eran muchos de ahí, era un dia feriado para ellos...yo nunca sabria que eran de allá, pensaba que eran hindúes! Eran muy simpáticos). En final me parece de verdad que Singapur no es tan aburrido como yo pensaría antes de venir! Ahora estoy en Vietnam con José, que es uno de mis mejores amigos y me vino a ver desde NYC, así que estoy súper feliz de recibir y ver a mis amigos en Asia! (lo pondré en una ventana separada después la visita a Saigon, Vietnam).

No comments: