Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Singapore First Impressions


Well, Singapore…it is AMAZING! You should all come to see me! Of course I feel alone sometimes as it is a totally different culture, or should I say mix of cultures, but it is very interesting. The predominant culture by far is Chinese, but also Indian is very strong, and also Malay, besides all the other Asian immigrants and Westerners who live here in this island. So going from one district to the next is like visiting different countries, with different people, habits and religions! Also the food is fantastic, and very cheap! All the mix of different Asian cuisines, it is a paradise for gourmets…I am still afraid I could get bored after some time, but so far it is better than I expected. And besides, being near so many wonderful places (Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, Australia etc), I hope I’ll have some chance to travel around. Just last weekend I spent in Bali! Going to Bali for a weekend, who would think of it? Hehe

Pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gibin/sets/72157602058066531/



Singapur es súper! Todos deberían de venir a verme! Claro que me he sentido un poco solo a veces ya que es cultura totalmente diferente, o más bien es una mezcla de culturas, pero es muy interesante. La cultura predominante es de lejos la china, pero también la cultura hindú es bastante fuerte, y después la Malaya, además de todos los otros inmigrantes asiáticos que trajeron sus culturas y también los extranjeros de varios países. Entonces yendo de un barrio a otro es como visitar a diferentes países, con razas, costumbres y religiones diferentes. También la comida es súper rica y variada, un verdadero paraíso para los gourmets...todavía me da un poco de miedo de aburrirme con el tiempo, pero hasta ahora es mejor de lo que yo esperaba. Además tengo la oportunidad de viajar a todos estos países cercanos (Indonesia, Tailandia, Malasia, Australia etc), espero viajar un poquito. El finde pasado ya lo pase en Bali, y estuvo muy bien. Quién imaginaria poder pasar un fin de semana en Bali? jeje

Fotos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gibin/sets/72157602058066531/

No comments: