Tuesday, October 07, 2008

London in a couple of hours




As I could not board for 3 consecutive days from Hong Kong to NYC (I was on a stand by ticket and flights were full or they had weight restrictions), I decided to buy a ticket from HK to London, hoping to be able to board then from London to NYC more easily.


Unfortunately I could not stay in London, because I really had to arrive in NYC for an interview. But as I had a few hours between flights, I did leave the airport and took the train to Paddington and walked around for one hour or so. I had to see again a little bit of the city that represents a lot to me, since it was the first place I have ever been and lived outside Brazil and actually outside my own city. Directly from Sao Caetano do Sul to London! And I was only 21, young and innocent...all those experiences in London were fascinating and it definitely put me in contact with the world (and perverted me)! Every time I see the city, it brings me back all those memories and experiences I will never forget. Even if now that I know so many other parts of the globe, London seems so depressive...lol...but still I love that city and I think I have a lot of identification with it.


See my few pics I could take in one hour around Paddington Station at www.flickr.com/photos/gibin/sets


No comments: