Sunday, June 01, 2008

Asian Civilisations Museum





























I must confess that usually when I visited museums like the Metropolitan or even the Hermitage, they would have a vast collection of Asian arts and I would look at it very briefly just to run later to see the Impressionist paintings.

But today I visited the Asian Civilisations Museum here in Singapore, and I had heard it was good before, but I did not think I would be totally fascinated by it.

It is at the same time sad to think the rich countries get all the art from the other countries (just look at museums in London, Paris or NYC), but at the same time I am glad Singapore could gather such great representations of art from other Asian countries and that I could see them today. It was not enough though, I will have to go back to spend more time there.

Site of the museum: http://www.acm.org.sg/themuseum/galleries.asp
For a great selection of places to stay with discount prices visit Singapore Hotels for more info

No comments: