Monday, November 26, 2007

When Smiths/Morrissey songs make sense again...

Funny I am having again the time of my life visiting all these places and getting to know so many different cultures, and meeting so many new people from all over the world. I am working now from Hong Kong for 2 weeks and I was coming to work in the morning and looking at these crazy city and I could not believe it I was here again, and also I met so many nice people these days from everywhere (Americans, Chileans, Puerto Ricans, Japanese, Taiwanese, Colombian, Australian, French, Brazilians, Portuguese etc), some of them I think I’ll keep friends for a long time, I have the impression. But still being so far away from my country and my world, and being single again…sometimes I cannot help feeling sad and alone. And that’s when all Smiths/Morrissey songs make sense again. I was listening to this one this morning and it made just so much sense:

"Wide to Receive

Download something Useful, or useless Because I'm lying here Wide to receive Almost anything You'd care to give And I don't Get along with myself And I'm not too keen On anyone else Turn on, plug in Then just walk away Unlock, process And then just go And I've never felt quite so alone As I do right now"

Gracioso que estoy realizando nuevamente mis suenos, conociendo el mundo y conociendo tantas culturas diferentes y encontrando gente de todo el mundo. Estoy trabajando ahora desde Hong Kong por 2 semanas y esta manana venia al trabajo y no podia creer que estaba aquí en esta ciudad loca. También conoci a tanta gente buena estos ultimos diez dias, gente de toda parte (latinos, americanos, orientales, europeos etc) y que algunos tengo la impresión que seran mis amigos por mucho tiempo. Pero aun asi, estando tan lejos de mi familia, amigos y de mi mundo, ademas estando soltero después de tanto tiempo, no puedo evitar de sentirme a veces muy solo y triste. Y entonces muchas de las canciones de Smiths/Morrissey tienen sentido nuevamente. Esta manana escuche esta que me identifique totalmente con el periodo que estoy viviendo.

5 comments:

Still Dumbfounded said...

Emi! I hear you :) "Last Night I Dreamt that Somebody Loves Me" is the one Smiths' song that always gets me...But don't be sad! You are a wonderful & caring person, I'm sure you won't be feeling alone for much longer :) Bjs, Maria Lisboa

Unknown said...

Estupendo blog Emerson. Me acordé de ti la semana pasada cuando celebramos aqui el día de ThanksGibin

Un abrazo!

Unknown said...

Hola garotiño, Emerson querido creo que estás viviendo una de las mejores etapas de tu vida, aprovecha toda la alegría y la tristeza para crecer más cada día. Recuerda que eres los ojos de unos cuantos que deseamos estar en tus zapatos baby! enjoy, have fun, we'll meet soon again and we'll laugh about all those great memories and sad feelings.
Kisses
Milton ( Ecuador )

lowfilife said...

espero que essa fase passe logo e que a tristeza vá embora.
bjs e saudades
edu

coridefe said...

HOla Emerson. Te entiendo perfectamente pero se que estas en un momento maravilloso de tu vida y se que le sacaras el maximo provecho. Yo por mi parte estoy entrando tambien en una transicion muy importante y sigo tu espiritu aventurero como ejemplo!.
Ah, y lo mas importante, me has insipirado para "reactivar" mi blog.
Abrazote,
Federico